In these unprecedented times, more and more people are thinking about a career change. If you’ve ever questioned your career choice, the team at Jobs for Australia are available to help you out.
Here are their top tips should you be thinking about changing your career path:
- Identify your transferable skills by working out what are the ‘must-haves’ (qualifications or skills)
- Talk to people you know in your dream job
- Write down the work experience that is required in your dream job, and compare them to your own skill sets and experiences
- Volunteer! Look into your local community and network
- Volunteering allows you to try out a different role, learn and develop new skills, and expands your network
- Nearly 50% of Hiring managers think volunteering is valuable experience
- Going in a completely opposite direction in your career? Self-awareness is key!
- Take the time to map out what you want to do, and how to get there
- Be clear about the motivation for the change, and understanding your capabilities will provide you with the clarity to move forward