Our Talent Acquisition volunteers get asked this question almost daily, “What are your top tips for job seekers during this pandemic?”
Here’s what they had to say:
- Make a list of things you can or can’t control
- Start Networking!
- List what did you like /excel in, in your previous role?
- Don’t take things personally
- Be kind to yourself and do at least one thing that makes you happy!
- Make sure your CV and LinkedIn profile is up to date
- Don’t forget to take a break from your job search
- Keep calm, and know what you want to do
- Create a plan
- Don’t apply for everything (know to differentiate what you can do and want to do)
- Get a coach (join Jobs For Australia!)
- Stay positive and maintain your well-being, resilience, focus and your energy
- Develop examples and stories that align with your skills
- Volunteer your time and your skills